Daisy posted about a potentially embarrassing incident that happened to her recently. Titus started thinking about all the stuff that's been broken around the house in the last 20 months or so and thought it would be good for a Thursday Thirteen post.
Hey, Earl Grey! Didn't we come to live here about 20 months ago?
Anyway, we decided to do our TT this week on the stuff we've broken. It's pretty much about me and EG because Titus is a goody two shoes and never breaks stuff. He's just an "indiscriminant eater" :giggles:. That's what it says on his chart at the V-E-T. :giggles:
So, without further ado, we present to you our Thursday Thirteen:
Thirteen Things Around The House That Have Been Broken
1. First up, we have Titus' special Happy Birthday Piggy that Daddy bought for him. I pulled the ears off and then Titus went to town on the guts. Momma saved the ears for me because they are my favorite thing in the world (aside from jingle balls, of course).
2. Earl Grey broke Momma's collage picture frame. The one with all the pictures of us in it. She didn't get out the flashy box for that, though. She was too worried that we'd walk in the glass.
3. This is the laundry hamper. Or what's left of it. Wicker is pretty tasty. Who knew?
4. I broke one of our water dishes last week (see #11 of last week's TT). I was just trying to chase my jingle ball under the tray thing and I just happen to be a little floofier around the middle and the tray tipped over and, well, I don't want to talk about that any more.
5. I chewed through the cable and the power cord on the cable box.* We had to get a new cable box. We really need to get a new cable, too, because sometimes we don't get good reception on TV or um, internet service. That cuts into our blogging time.
6. This is the new flooring for the office. See the open box on the top of the pile? We opened that box all by ourselves. It was great! If you look closely at the smaller boxes underneath, you can see that they're kind of scratched up. A little. I use those to stretch out my back after a long day of napping. You know, dig in with your claws and then sort of hang there while you stretch out your back, and then draaaaaagggg your claws down the side of it. It's very relaxing. :whispers: I also use it as a scratching post. Pretty much every day when Momma gets home from work. And before meals.
7. This is the mousie that Momma and Daddy used to use. Notice how the pluggie thing that plugs into the back of the computer is missing? EG chomped the cord right in half while Momma was using the computer. It was fun listening to all the words that she said.
8. We broke Momma's very special Nightmare Before Christmas figurine when we were kicking her beloved Steve Yzerman bobble head off the mantle. It was very expensive and Daddy got it for her for her birthday last year. She was very sad that Jack Skellington took a tumble and his head fell off. We think it's pretty lucky that Jack Skellington sacrificed himself so that Yzerman could live. :shrugging:
9. This is the shade in Momma and Daddy's bedroom. We ripped it. It's just easier to look out the window now.
10. This is the cord from the DVD player.* Or maybe it was Daddy's PS2? (I chomped them both. It's hard to keep track of these things, you know.) Notice how one of the yellow plug things is missing? Yep, I chomped it right off. Whee!
11. We're very embarrassed about this one. Plus, it makes Momma very sad. Momma And Daddy had a dawg that went to the Bridge last year. We were investigating the ashes (which were on top of the dresser in the bedroom) and they accidently flew off the dresser and onto the floor and the box flipped open and the plastic bag came out and we love to chew plastic and well, we accidently scattered some of Shadow's ashes all over the bedroom floor. This did not make Momma all that happy. Needless to say, Shadow's ashes are now kept *in* the dresser and not *on* the dresser.
12. This is the floor tile that cracked the other day when we were flinging stuff out of the freezer. We were hoping that Daddy wouldn't notice because that sort of thing upsets him. Momma tried to help us by putting down a rug, but Daddy figured out something was wrong since he knows that Momma hates rugs. He didn't get too mad though. I guess we caught him in a good mood because he even laughed.
13. Lastly, Titus broke a nail. He doesn't remember how he did it, but it broke and his foot was hurty and bleedy and he was mad because Momma had to trim his nail and he hates that.
As you can probably tell, we like to keep busy. Every time something turns up broken, Daddy says, "My cats (meaning the ones from when he was little) never did anything like that." Momma, who never had kitties before, doesn't know what to think. Whenever she tells anyone about stuff we do, they just laugh and tell her that they've never heard of kitties doing that kind of stuff. Well, they never met us. Hahahahaha!
Ok, that was pretty embarrassing. I'm outta here.
*Just so nobody worries about me or anything, I'm over my cord-chewing phase. That just happened while I was teething. And until Momma put habenero pepper sauce on all the cords.