Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Thursday Thirteen - Edition 13
Thirteen Things We Do Every Morning
1. 4:30 am to 4:45 am - Wake up and do our stretches and warm up.
2. 4:45 am to 5:00 am - WWE Cage Match on Momma and Daddy's bed - this includes putting the bitey on Momma's toes if they're uncovered. Titus acts as referee (which means he jumps around and rawrs).
3. 5:00 am to 5:32 am - Thundering Herd of Elephants (includes Titus - whose collar has tags that are sooooo noisy, heh heh) This also includes lots of jumping onto and off of the bed and putting the bitey on any available toes. Momma says, "Let's go night-night" and "It's sleepy time" over and over again.
4. 5:32 am - Momma lets Titus outside to do his stuff and we crouch by the door and try to run outside. It's super fun, especially because Momma hasn't had her coffee yet, so she's not on top of her game.
5. 5:32 am to 5:34 am - Follow Momma through the house to the kitchen and yell at her while she plugs in the coffee pot. She should feed us before she does anything. We have not had a snack since 1 am. We are starving. (Daddy started giving us a snack when we were little babies so that we would sleep through the night. We sleep through the night. 1 am to 4:45 am is sleeping through the night, right?)
6. 5:34 am to 5:36 am - Follow Momma back through the house to the food container, talking really, really loud. When she takes the lid off the container, jump up on the side and pretend you're going to get inside. This causes Momma to try to wrangle us out of the way with one hand, while trying to scoop up kibble with the other. (Remember, she's still pretty sleepy) When Momma pulls the full scoop of food out of the bag, paw at it (making sure to hook your claws over the side). This causes Momma to drop the kibble all over the floor. Score! (Momma has recently gotten wise to this trick and put a stop to it, so we have to work out another plan). Titus comes back in the house.
5:37 am to 5:43 am - For the twins
5:37:00 am to 5:37:29 am - For Titus
8. 5:43 am to 6:17 am - More Thundering Herd of Elephants or paw at the only cabinet that doesn't have a stoopid baby lock on so that it makes a really loud, bang-y noise. This noise makes Momma really cranky since she still hasn't had any coffee yet. This is an especially important step on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, because Momma doesn't really have to be up that early, so she likes to nap on the couch for a while. Rousing games of Thundering Herd of Elephants or What's in the Cupboard keep her awake.
9. 6:17 am - Giggle while Momma devises a plan to keep us awake during our nap times. And try to sneak sips of coffee from Momma's mug while she's not looking. Soy cream is tasty.
10. 6:17 am to 7:47 am - Nap
11. 7:47 am to 7:51 am - Hide from Momma while she tries to do a headcount before she goes to work. This is super fun because she's usually in a hurry and she's trying to be quiet because Daddy's still sleeping. Giggle (and continue hiding) while she tries all the tricks that usually get us to come out from wherever we are. Refuse to come out of hiding.
12. 7:51 am to 7:53 am - Come out from our hidey spots so she can say goodbye to us. Refuse to give her a hug. She always tells us she'll see us later and then she tells each of us that she loves us very much.
13. 7:53 am to ??? (whenever Daddy gets up) Nap with Daddy