Friday, January 4, 2008

Froot Bat Friday


The Kids' Mom here. I didn't manage to get Titus' Froot Bat picture downloaded this week. (Sorry T!) So here's a little pic snapped with a camera phone last night while he was cuddling with his Dad. He's been kind of worn out for the last couple of days, as you can see.

I borrowed the blog today for a couple of reasons. I wanted to thank all of you for your purrs yesterday. They really helped me feel better. I also wanted to tell all of you about the great job Titus, Tazo, & EG did while I was under the weather.

Titus is *so* tired for a very good reason. From the moment I first got sick last Friday, until Tuesday night, he left my side only to eat and go outside. Whenever I was in the bathroom, he would lie in the hallway and wait for me. If I got up for any reason, he would follow me around the house until I made my way back to the couch. When it came time to go outside, he would just run outside, do his thing, and then come right back. (And he *never* wants to come inside.) He didn't try to drink my Vernors or eat my saltines or jello unlike certain others around our house. I just wanted to thank my boy for being such a special dude and for taking such good care of me. I promise that I will catch up on the cuddles and scritches this weekend.

I would also like to thank Tazo and EG for their help during my illness, too. They worked very hard and took very good care of me. I want to publicly apologize for the lack of stinky goodness during my illness. Daddy had to handle mealtimes for a couple of days and well, Moms are just better at some things (like doling out stinky goodness without retching). Things are back to normal now and I picked up lots of cans of your favorite flavors last night. Thank you for the cuddles and purrs - especially you, EG, because I know how you feel about purring for me. And, EG, thank you also for not putting the bitey on me when you earthwormed under my sweatshirt. I think you might be softening toward me a little. :)

Our plans for the weekend include cuddles, scritching, and catching up on stinky goodness. We wish all of you the same. Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

26 comments:

  1. EG, I think your Mommy Bean is right, you ARE softening up towards her! You can always do the bitey when she least expects it though. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Titus - what a special dog you are!!! We cats on the blogosphere always knew it (remember how many nomss friends you have, hahahahaha) but it is good to have the humans acknowledge such important facts too!
    We are glad the human is doing better!
    Come and check out our first class cabin on the Antarctic Cruise ship!
    Karl and Ruis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. Have a warm cuddly weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay...itz alwayz gud wen da Mommies feel bettur. Haves a fun weekended

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are better! Titus was a very good doggie. Way to go, Titus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! I am so glad you are feeling better. Titus was a very loyal and devoted boy. And EG and Tazo did their fair share, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Titus you did the opposite of what I thought we were supposed to do? Well I guess its working well for you. Glad your mom is better!

    Kaze

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are very glad your mom is feeling better. We are glad that Titus was such a good boy. That's a dog for you. When our mom is sick, we stay with her just like Titus did.

    Take care.

    Roxy & Lucky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Titus, yoo were a furry good nurse woofie! It's good when da mom's feel better cuz, let's face it, dey is better at lots of "care giving" stuff den da dad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Titus
    You can have my beawd anytime you want..Youa we such a vewy good doggie to help youw Mom like that and I hope all of you get lots of scwitchies ad cuddles and stinky goodness all weekend long
    smoochie kisses
    Asta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year! Glad to hear mom is feeling better!
    Love Clover xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. We iz sorry dat folks were sickee. I tink Eg & Titus haz been good nursee maids. Dis iz good...& fur dat, an award of stinkey goodness iz only reazonabull.
    Happy NEw Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are glad your mum is starting to feel better. Titus we are furry proud of yoo furr the eggsullent job yoo did of looking after your mum. We fink it's well done to Tazo and EG too, but we're not so sure after reading your TT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you're feeling better, Mrs.Titus,Tazo, and EG's Mom! You've got a great nursing team there, headed up by Titus, who deserves an extra doggie cookie for all his TLC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, EG's Mom! I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick. My Mom's been slow on the uptake again on the blogs, and we just now found out. That's wonderful that EG, Titus, and Tazo took such good care of you, and I'm so glad you are feeling better.

    Love and cuddles from Dorydoo, and please tell EG I'm sending him googly eyed whiskie kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dearest EG's mommy,

    I think your kids all know, when you sick, that is no fun.
    There is no one could play with them or say something or do anything funny.
    So, kids are very sweet decide to do something for help. They must realize, you can't leave with each other~!!!! They are very very sweet~!!!

    Recovering time is the most important timing~~~ You have to take good care until it's completely well :>

    Wish you have a wonderful caring weekend, and well done Titus, you are a great mommy sitter, too.

    Purr,
    Adan * michico

    ReplyDelete
  17. You three are such good animabibbles.
    We are so happy your mommie is doing somebetter. Keep drinking (gatorade is good for replenishing electrolytes)
    Titus, you are one sweeeeet doggie

    Purrrs, Prinnie

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are glad you are feeling better. Tiki and Tavi are the nurses of the family when Mom isn't feeling well. Fortunately, mom doesn't seem to get the stomach bugs, so we don't have to worry about that.

    Use this weekend to rest and recoup (and for snuggles and skritches).

    Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are glad they all took good care of you when you were ill.

    Thank you for your good wishes yesterday. I am doing much better. Dragonheart

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Furrybeanmommy I is glad you feels much better. Your little nurse maids sound like they all helped you out.

    You tell Titus to put his tootsies up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. From our Mom to your Mom -
    We must live in parellel universes. We were going through the same things at the same times! Diamond was just like Titus, wouldn't leave my side for anything and he is more of a Daddy's dog, but while I was sick, it was all about Mommy! He and I are even on the same schedule for our meds - he's on Clavamox for his "tocks" problem...
    Glad you (and I!) are better!
    Here's to Vernor's!
    ps - I was in Motown for business yesterday and thought of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow that Titus is a wonderful little thing! i am sorry to hear you have been unwell and i hope you are feeling better now and stronger...love stormie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. We're so sorry that you were sick, but it was good to hear that Titus was such a great help! Freckles carefully studied EG's tips, because Deb has been sniffling a lot today!
    So glad you are feeling better and that feeding time will go on as scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gwad you're better! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so glad you're feeling better. We furries certainly do a good job at nursing our beans back to health. Especially great job to you Titus!
    I hope you are all better soon. It is no fun being sick.
    Happy New Year! I hope it is a healthy, fun one.

    PS we liked Shadow's sticker on our holiday card. that is a sweet way to remember him.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We're so glad that you're feeling better - now doubt because of all the kitty and doggy help you got!

    Also, we've tagged you guys over on our bloggie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks fur stopping by!