Last week, The Mom came home from work and Tazo was fritzing around the house like her butt was on fire. The Mom was a little concerned because we're usually napping at that time of day. She walked into the kitchen and there was some mail and a package (from our Secret Paws!!!) on the counter. She fed us and then got us situated to open our package. Tazo was still sort of fritzy, so The Mom decided to keep an eye on her for a while - just to make sure everything was ok. (The answer to this fritzing mystery is below!)
Here are some pictures:
This is a picture of the package. The Mom was trying to see who it was from, but I wanted her to take a picture of my tail first. heh heh
The Mom finally got to take a picture of the package (by itself). It's from TT, Molly, and Shadow!
Dad helped us open the box and look what was inside. A present for Titus! Check out the paper - it goes great with his furs!
Here I am, scoping out everything. The pink bag is for Tazo and me.
Titus unwrapped his gift, but it happened so fast that The Mom couldn't get a picture of it. He got a fluffy dawg. Which is perfect - stuffed animals are his favorite!
When The Mom got the box open, there was catnip sprinkled all over it. No wonder Tazo was fritzing around the house - she smelled the catnip! Um, duh, The Mom. We could've told you that. Check out Tazo. She didn't really care much for the toys, but she loved rolling around in the 'nip. Check out her googly eyes. hee hee
Titus with his new toy. He loves shaking it so that the ears flop around and smack him in the head. It's pretty funny.
Here we are, checking out everything.
Holy cats! Check this out. Look at all these toys. There's a big red mousie, little red and green mousies, a fev-ver boa wand toy, a candy cane, a stocking, a velvet scrunchie thing with jingle balls on it, plastic rolly things (which are super fun, by the way), some 'nip, and *gasp* a TON of jingle balls. TT, Molly, and Shadow sure know how to pick out great toys.
Tazo and I played jingle ball until 3:30 am. That's when The Mom took the jingle balls away so her and Dad could get some sleep. But she gave them back later in the morning. After she had her coffee. Thank you, TT, Molly, and Shadow for our great Secret Paws surprise!
In other news, Adan nominated us for an award.
The Extraordinary Gold Star Award was created by - Storm, The Furry Fighter - and is for Bloggers who have achieved or done something special. The award celebrates beyond what is ordinary or usual. 1) Post the explanation and rules of the award and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and repeat the reason why you received it. 2) Pass the Award on to two other Bloggers who you fink deserve it and explain why!
Thank you, Adan! We are going to nominate our friends, Caesar and Princess (if they haven't already been nominated). Caesar & Prinnie are awesome friends and they always have a kind word for everyone. Plus, they have awesome quotes on their blog all the time.
And last, but not least, Freckles and Deb tagged us for a meme. We're supposed to list 5 random things about ourselves. So here goes:
If you don't know how to play the tag game, here are the rules: List 5 random things about yourself on your blog. Then, tag 5 friends at the end of your post with a link to their blogs. Don’t forget to let your blogger friends know they've been tagged. Then, it's their turn. They will list 5 random things on their blog and tag 5 more people and so on and so on. Make sure to go back to their blog so you can read their 5 random things.
1. The Mom has a thing for kitty tails. She always wants to play with them. I don't like anyone touching my tail. Ever.
2. If you look really close at my body, I have dark grey stripes. And the grey furs on my front legs look sort of taupe-ish in certain light. I just gotta keep The Mom guessing, you know?
3. I've been purring for The Mom the last couple of weeks. She digs it.
4. I like to lie in The Mom's lap when she's on the computer.
5. When I hang out in front of the space heater, I stretch waaaayyy out and it makes Dad laugh.
1. I love to help Momma clean. Especially, if she's wiping down something. I whap at the rag and it always makes her giggle.
2. I hate the vacuum. Not that it ever comes out very much. Oops. I mean, well, whatever. If it comes out, I run under the bed.
3. I've been poking my nose out the backdoor lately. It freaks Momma out. hee hee
4. I went outside once - when I was little. It was the first snow I ever saw. I didn't like the way my paws got all cold. I ran to the edge of the house and then back to the door and jumped straight up. Then I ran back to the edge of the house. Momma finally caught me in mid jump and took me back in the house. I was really askeered. But then I never really wanted to go outside again. Until we got the stroller. That makes it more fun.
5. I love love love Titus. I rub on him and purr at him and give him headbutts all the time.
1. I love to be outside . As long as it's not pouring rain. Any other time is just fine by me.
2. I love ice. Ice cubes, ice from outside. It doesn't matter. Last night, I tried to bring in a big chunk of ice from outside. And Mom was going to let me, except that it broke in half and I dropped it. Total bummer.
3. I tried Mom's coffee yesterday. And it was tasty. Mom held out her mug to me (and she didn't think I'd like it). But I tasted it. And it shocked the heck out of her. heh
4. If it's cold, I sleep in bed with Mom and Dad. If it's warm outside, then I sleep in my tower of beds next to their bed.
5. I am all white, except for a little bit of tan on my nose and ears. And I have a couple black hairs scattered on my back. Mom always likes to play "Find the Black Furs", which is kind of annoying at first, because she says, "Find the black furs" "Find the black furs" over and over again in a singsong voice. But when she finds one, then she gives me lots of scritches on the black fur part. She's kinda weird sometimes.
So, we think that catches us up for now. We're gonna tag anyone who wants to play, because The Mom has to go switch the laundry. Whatever. Is that more important than helping us blog?