Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Edition 63

Titus here. It was a terrible weekend, my friends. Just terrible. A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad weekend. Here goes:

1. That Woman and That Dude (you know, those people who I thought LOVED me) were all super nice to me on Saturday. I got lots and lots of cuddles and scritches. Then they got my harness and leash out. Oh, yeah. We're going to the park.

2. We did not go to the park. We went to Dunk'n Dawgs. Do you know what that is? Because I sure didn't. I thought it was like Dunk'n Donuts or something. There were no donuts there, I tell you. It's a place for BATHS.

3. There were kittens running all over the BATH place. Kittens AND BATHS? It's almost too much for one dawg to take. But all the kittens were rescues and needed forever homes, so it was ok. But this one grey kitten was eyeing my ears. I tried to stay as far away as possible from him. He didn't have a forever home so I tried to keep That Woman away from him and his greyness. She has a weakness for grey kittens, you know.

4. That Dude lifted me up into a BATHtub and hooked me up to a tether so that I couldn't jump out. I used to think that he always had my back. I was wrong about that. Then, HORROR OF HORRORS, That Woman and That Dude sprayed me with water. And then dumped soap all over me. CHERRY-FLAVORED SOAP. They scrubbed and scrubbed and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed. THE CHERRY FLAVOR WOULD NOT COME OFF.

5. They attempted to dry me off with towels, but I shook and shook and shook and sprayed water all over them. hehehe

6. I thought we were ready to leave, but then they took me to another room and turned on a giant rug sucking monster. Only it blew air ON me instead of sucking up my furs. It was horrible. It floofed up my furs and made me all poofy. I did not like it. That Woman kept giggling about how she should have brought some gel with her to help tame my furs. Very funny, lady. Very funny.

7. We got back in the car and drove around for a while. They bought me a burger, thinking that that would make up for it. (It kinda did, but don't tell them.) That Woman kept apologizing, but I just kept giving her dirty looks. She kept telling me how handsome I was and how great I smelled and how soft my furs were now. I wasn't buying it.

8. We finally got home and as soon as we walked in the door, the twins started sniffing and sniffing me. Apparently, CHERRY-FLAVORED dawgs are pretty tasty, because EG sure kept trying to chomp on my delicious, pink ears. It sucked.

9. I spent all day on Sunday trying to avoid having my ears chomped. Usually, I like to catch up on my naps on Sunday, especially when the Motor City Kitties are playing. But I couldn't relax. I had to keep up a constant vigil in order to protect my delicious, pink ears.

10. On Monday, they tooked me to the V-E-T. Something about a 6 month geezer dawg check up, but whatever. That sucked, too.

11. Dr C promised that I didn't have to have any shots, but she still STOLED MY BLOODS. And then she told That Woman and That Dude to BRUSH MY TEETHS. 3 TIMES A WEEK. :sigh:

12. They talked about my indiscriminant competitive eating and how That Woman has furry kid-proofed the whole house but I still find cool stuff to eat (like soap - Dr C and That Woman laughed and laughed about my Ivory soap incident).

13. We finally got to leave. They bought me another burger to try to kiss up, but that's not the point. Weekends are supposed to be fun: cuddling, eating, sleeping, cuddling, sleeping, eating, sleeping, etc. They are not supposed to be filled with torture and BATHS and reverse rug sucking monsters and grey kittens and stoled bloods and the threat of having your delicious pink ears chomped. I don't think I was ever so glad to have That Woman go back to work. Because once she did, I climbed into her bed and got her freshly washed sheets all sandy. hehehe

22 comments:

  1. Oh nos! That sounds terrible! So, what happend to the grey kitty? Just joking! : )
    Your humans owe you some hamburger...
    Purrs, Siena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor poor Titus baby. We are sending out prayers that you not have to endure such stress, strain and abuse ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD!

    That is khanine abuse!!

    I think more burgers are khalled fur!!!

    Hugz&KhonsolingKhysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Titus, what a horrendous weekend you had! I hope things got better from there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For heaven's sake Titus, what are your complaining about? You ended up with a delicious burger out of the deal. That's more than any of us cats get when WE get taken somewhere bad!

    (pssst....EG, Tazo...is that DAWG smell gone now?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one ruff weekend Titus! At least you got a couple burgers out of it though :-)

    Hiya Tazo! ::waves:: - Bert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! That is so terrible!
    Well, forget about it, you guys are all invited over on Saturday! Here's the invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just inhumane!! Do you want me to call the authorities? I mean, they might not understand my meezes but maybe they'd think I was a crying baby? In any case, that is the WORST weekend I've ever heard of.

    Kaze

    ReplyDelete
  9. Titus, dude, that SUCKS!! period. end of story. SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Titus, cherry flavoured soap is a step too far.

    Way too far. My commiserations to you fella

    Whicky Wuudler

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Titus...the indignity of it all! You should not have to endure such abuse...'specially cherry flavored soap...

    pee ess. we're glad you go a couple of burgers out of the deal, though...should have been more...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Titus, that sounds terrible! Are your delicious ears still safe? "Cause tomorrow, we needs to have us some froooootbat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Titus!! There are not enough burgers to make up for that !!!!!!!
    Cherry flavoured ??????? Bad enough,but eating soap!!!! Yup,you're a doggie ;)
    Purrs Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Titus, I am so sorry for your suffering and I did not laugh at any of this brutality. You poor pup!

    I think I can smell the cherries from Virginia - just the way the wind is blowing :-)

    Prinprin

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, that's just AWFUL. you should fire that woman and that dude

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, yeah~!
    I think at least you have burger~!!! :)
    Big big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poor Titus, that's such a sad story. Cherry soap? What are your beans thinking?? We hope you can recover from this horrible weekend! We think another burger might help.

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor Titus, the horrors yoo haf indured. Um, can we haf a lick of yoor tasty pink ears? Just a lick, we won't bite we promise. Yoo should also get a couple more burgers out of all dat torture.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, that was a terrible way to start off the week. Even if you did get hamburgers out of it. Great job on getting sand in your mom's bed. My mom would kill me if I did that.

    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok. This was like so totally beyond ridiculous. We would SO be on strike. Yup, we would.

    Luf, Us

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh heavenz to cherry bombsez Titus! Howz could dey do dis to you of all DAWGZ? & a burger iz justee nots gonna cut it ol' man.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Titus, that sounds too awful for words. I hope things have gotten back to normal by now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks fur stopping by!