Friday, August 27, 2010

Froot Bat Friday

Mom's had a couple of super busy days, so I didn't have to endure any "gimme some frooooot baaaaaat!" On the other hand, she also forgot that today is Froot Bat Friday, so there are no new photos of my delicious, pink ears.  Sorry! She's just out of control lately. 

Remember our Wordless Wednesday post where the twins were all 'nipped out?  Well, the next night, this is what happened.


He's not that askeery when he's all mellow.  Check this one out - I'm even letting him touch me.


Yesterday, we wented to see the cat shrink - and why do *I* have to go see the *cat* shrink - I'm a dawg! behaviorist for a check up on how we're doing.  She's really happy with our progress.  Mom was worried because her and EG haven't been doing so great on getting him to come to his spot on the counter when she says his cue word.  But Dr D said that what sort of evolved out of her trying to do the cue word stuff works just fine, ie. we *all* get "redirected" and come running when she opens the fridge door.  Well, duh, Mom - there's food in there and that's where you keep the treats (which we've been getting a lot of - wahoo!).  So she said she's happy with how we're behaving and we don't have to go back for six months.  But she said that Mom and Dad have to be super vigilant in the spring because April is crazy cat month here in the Mitten State.  Dr D said that she always gets a ton of calls from cat parents as soon as the weather starts warming up, even cats who've been doing great for years. Great, just great. Mom says I don't have to worry about that - we'll be prepared for next year.

In other news, my pal Mick is feeling lots better and I'm super happy.  We were super worried about my whitester pal there for a bit.  But he's doing lots better and we're super thankful for that.

So, I'm sorry about the lack of Froot Bats this week, but Mom promises to make up for it next week.   Have a great weekend, everybuddy!

12 comments:

  1. Frootbats are nice, but we like any picture of you!

    Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our FlorieDuh pals are khorrekht!

    I've been thinking - maybe EG's word should be something like KHYRA ;=)

    Happy Weekend Handsome!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It sounds like your person is working hard on your behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOKITTHAT!! EG IS TOUCHING YOU!! wooo hoooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome report - and the pics tell it all. Titus, we don't think we could be as good as you if a kitty were that close to us. Good job, pal.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that picture - you guys are very cute!

    A cat shrink!? That is so cool - I'm loving that.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! EG is so mellow and you look relaxed with him. Have you been on the nip with him?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I can see your frootbatty ears Titus.
    I am glad that EG was a good kittyboy and that your mom is maintaining the upper paw with all of you.
    My mom was freaking out a few weeks ago when she was pretty sure that I hated Miles and that I was miserable :-(
    but things have gotten better. See, when Miles came to live with us in June, mom sort of treated Miles like he was my new toy because she did not want me to get jealous. Mom says I am super in love with her and kind of sensitive. Well, then I started acting like I was getting really tired of "my new toy".
    so she is always supervising our rough play, and just recently started treating Miles like a cute little kitty and loving him more in front of me. That made me kind of happy now, earlier it probably would have made me want to hide forever.
    I am glad he is not my toy anymore. Now I play with him and give him a bath. and sometimes I give him A BIG CHOMP

    I am very happy that you kids have your very own behaviorist. I think my mom needs one for herself!

    bonks for a happy week-end in the mitten state

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps: Miles' personality is quite a lot the opposite of mine. He is very confident and not afraid of strangers or anythinggggg. wow

    ok bonks bye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Next week you can post the froot bats. How sweet with her touching you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks fur stopping by!