Friday, August 31, 2007
Thursday, August 30, 2007
1. Plastic bags, toilet paper, and paper towels make tasty snacks.
2. The most rousing games of Thundering Herd of Elephants and WWE Cage Matches are to be played between 2 and 6 am.
3. Tummy clock alarms are set at least 1-1/2 hours before meal times. Please feed us immediately once the alarm goes off.
4. Cats should be able to go outside whenever they want - by themselves - with no stinking harness.
5. If there's food on your plate, it must be sampled by us. It can be given willingly, or we can take matters into our own paws.
6. We will lay on the floor wherever we want and will not budge. Even if you are carrying something super heavy or awkward.
7. We will supervise your shower (complete with pawing you through the shower curtain - and we don't care that it reminds you of "Psycho" - whatever that it). We will lick the soap afterward and leave teeths marks on it.
8. It is very important that we sample whatever you are cooking. Please make sure to drop some on the floor.
9. Trips to the refrigerator are not to be made solo. Please expect three furry faces to peer in there with you. Please also double check that no one is inside before you shut the door.
10. Clean laundry is the #1 sleeping spot. Please make sure to place it on the couch, in a sunspot.
11. Dirty socks and underwear will be distributed randomly throughout the house. Especially right before visitors arrive.
12. As will dead bug parts. (see #11)
13. Do not wash our bedding. We work very hard to get our furs and stank on them.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
"All you catsters out there have to do is just list 5 things you do whenever you're on the nip, and don't forget to tag some friends! Let's find out just how whacked out some of us get!!"
1. First, I roll around on the 'nip and get it all over my furs.
2. I get googley eyes.
3. I start to get fritzy (as Momma calls it). This means that I start to get a little hyper.
4. I fritz around the house like I'm on fire for a couple of minutes. This means that I run up and down the hall in my own personal Thundering Herd of Elephants game. I also include a lot of leaping in this part - I leap up onto stuff like the big TV or Momma's dresser, or the refrigerator and then I leap back down. It's super fun.
5. I come back to the 'nip, roll around in a little more, and then try to bunnykick anything that comes near me.
It doesn't have nearly the effect on me that it does on my sister, but here goes:
1. I also roll around the 'nip and get it all over my furs.
2. I get googley eyes, too.
3. I flop down on the ground and stare into space.
4. My tail starts a-twitchin'.
5. Mom comes over to try to play with me and I put the bitey on her and bunnykick her like my life depends on it. That part is so much fun. Titus and Tazo know enough to stay away from me once my tail starts a-twitchin', but Mom falls for it every time. heh heh
Since we're super late to this meme, we're tagging any cat who hasn't told us about their 'nip adventures.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
RULES: Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following...they have to be real places, names, things...nothing made-up! Try to use different answers if the person in front of you had the same 1st initial. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question.
What is your name? Titus
Vehicle: TT by Audi (Mom wants one just because she calls me "TT" sometimes and she says it would be cool to drive her TT around in a TT - and yes, she knows TT means something different in the south - hee hee)
TV Show: Titus, but Mom says I can't use that one, so I'll go with Three's Company. That Jack Tripper is a hoot.
City: Trenton, MI - birthplace of my Mom
Boy Name: Thaddeus
Girl Name: Theresa
Alcoholic Drink: T-Bone (how perfect is that?!), but Mom wants to know, and I quote, "Is this for real? Blech."
Something you wear: Toupe, heh heh
Celebrity: Tom Selleck
Food: Toast, mmmmmm
Something found in a bathroom: Toilet paper, mmmmmmm
Reason for being late: Traffic
Cartoon Character: Top Cat
Something You Shout: Thanks!
This was a ton of fun. Almost as much as fun as
Mick, Marie, Dragonheart, & Luxor.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
PLEEZE POST THIS ON YER BLOG to enkerije all the cats we know to pawtisipate. Then tomorrow, take one minit owt of yer day at noon PDT, 3pm EDT to focus as much pawsitive energy you can toward Tucson, Arizona.
Thank you, Skeezix, for the graphic.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Thursday, August 23, 2007
1. earl gray cat pictures (of course)
2. furry blogging (again, of course)
3. fur friday furry (yep)
4. earl grey the cat (they even spelled "grey" right)
5. furry tail poem (betcha they were surprised to get the ode to Tazo's tail - hee hee)
6. froot bat
7. furry mommas (heh heh - our mom's not all that furry)
8. make a tazo toy (this askeers me a little)
9. 'tocks (one of our favorite subjects)
10. cool gray seven (what?)
11. gray wild cats (Hey! I resemble that remark!)
12. cats - poochy stomach (Hey!)
13. happy bitey (That's more like it!)
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Monday, August 20, 2007
M - Mr. Pigeon - She and Donny have a birdie friend named Mr. Pigeon. They like to visit with him through the window. I would like to have a birdie friend, too, but my mom says I can't because of my eating issues.
A - Albertanian - I made this word up, I think. They live way up north in Canada, which is a very, very bee-yoo-tee-ful country.
R - Rasslin' - She like to rassle with her brother, Donny. And she's super good at it - she's the Defender, you know.
I - Intelligent - She's super smart and cool.
E - Eater - I hear she enjoys a good meal, but I don't think she's taken up
T - Twin - She has a twin brother. And I think they're identical. They look pretty identical to me.
H - Hissy - I hear she can get hissy, but I find this very hard to believe. She's a sweet girlcat and I don't think she has a hissy bone in her body.
E - Easy Going - Just like me! Maybe it's a whitester thang...
D - Dainty - She is a very dainty girlcat, but she can be a super, tough chick when she needs to be.
E - Elegant - 'nuff said.
F - Friendly - She's super friendly. She visits lots of bloggies and leaves nice comments.
E - Extremely fashionable - There's this groovy picture of her on her bloggie wearing Anastasia's pink wig. It's very becoming on her. Not everykitty could pull off that look.
N - Napping - She likes to nap on the bed (just like me).
D - Dauntless - She is fearless. I don't think this girl is afraid of anything.
E - Empire - She's got a whole empire. And she defends it. I'm super glad she's on my side.
R - Rockin' - I think my NOMSS Friend, Marie, just plain rocks.
Friday, August 17, 2007
(Please keep in mind that these aren't exactly the identical kind of nose twins. It's more like the fraternal kind. Or the "grasping at straws" kind, as Dad said yesterday.)
I liked that she's got a pure grey nose like me. It's just that my milk mustache runs up the side of my mouth and hers runs down her nose. Anybody know if she's single? Ma-rowww! *winking*
We have the same color nose and well, while he has a triangle over his nose, I have more of an oval. Or rectangle. Maybe a trapezoid? Momma didn't do too well in Geometry.
So there you have it. Our Nose Twins.
PS - Please scroll down one more for the twins' middle name meme. Tazo got tagged by Skeezix. Sweet!
Tazo: Earl Grey! I'm telling Momma! Mooooommmmmmm!
Anyway, here is our middle name meme. And I got tagged by Skeezix!
My name is Tazo Tea Gizmo and then I tack on Mom and Dad's last name. So my middle names are Tea and Gizmo:
T - Thundering Herd of Elephants - This is a very fun game. I play it every morning with my brothers.
E - Eater - Eating is a good thing. I am practicing to be a competitive eater - just like Titus. So far I have stolen a piece of pizza and a giant piece of steak. I have also managed to put my paws into at least one bowl of cereal a week. Hee hee!
A - Adorable - Momma says I'm adorable.
G - Grey - I have three, tiny, grey spots on the back of my neck. Momma thinks they are Great and gives me a smooch on them every day.
I - Ice Cream - We have just tried this stuff. It is very delicious. I could eat it every day.
Z - Zippy - I am very zippy when I am askeered. I zip right under the bed or under the couch.
M - More food and scritches, please
O - Optimistic - I am very optimistic that I will get some of Daddy's food. Every time he eats. I am usually wrong. But you never know, so I continue to try.
Earl Grey - My middle name is Phillip. Or Phillippe. If I'm in trouble, it's Phillip. If Mom's being silly, then it's the other one. Which I hate. I'm not French.
P - Paws - I have white paws with pinkish, grey paw pads. I think they are cool. And they go great with my grey tuxedo.
H - Harness - I haven't been practicing with my harness. It paralyzes me and then when it's done paralyzing me, then it steals my bones. Mom keeps telling me that it will get better and then I can go outside, which is fine. Except I overheard her talking to Dad about breaking down and getting a stroller. My plan (ditch the harness and get a stroller instead) is working. heh heh
I - Ice Cubes - I love to play with ice cubes. It is the best. Especially when I can flip them out of the water dish.
L - Lay - I like to lay on the couch with Dad and watch TV. Sometimes I lay between his legs and rest my head on his leg. It is very comfortable.
L - Lions - It is almost football season. My Dad is a huge Lions fan. Yes, we (The Furry Kids and our Mom) are embarrassed by this, but what can you do? I like to hang out on the couch with him while he watches the Lions
I - Interesting - There are many interesting things outside. I think. At least, that's what Titus tells me. I think I would like it out there a lot.
P - Play - I like to play all sorts of stuff: Thundering Herd of Elephants, fishing for EGs, whapping Titus on the nose to name just a few.
(P) - Pretend - I pretend that I'm asleep sometimes when I think Mom might want to cuddle. She thinks I look so cute when I'm sleeping that she can't bring herself to wake me up. heh heh
(E) - Earthworming - My signature move. It is awesome. Burrow under the covers like an earthworm and slither around under there for a minute. Once your Mom or Dad lets their guard down, put the bitey on their leg. This usually makes them yell, "Ack! He's E-dubbing! Ouch! He bit me! No, Eggie, no!!" heh heh
Thursday, August 16, 2007
This is our NOMSS Friend. We met him in June. He seems like a nice guy. He's very laid back and doesn't like to race around very much. We think his name is George. He has a very handsome, yellow chin. But we do think he might need a manicure. We would like to invite him inside to play, but Momma doesn't think that that's such a good idea for some reason. *shrugging* We don't really know that much about him because he doesn't talk much. He must be the strong, silent type.
Tazo & Earl Grey
I got tagged by Dragonheart and Mickey Mantle for the middle name meme.
Here are the rules:
1. Post the rules before you give the facts.
2. List one fact that is somehow relevant to you and your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3. When you are tagged you need to write your post using your middle name and facts about it.
4. At the end of your post, choose one cat to tag for each letter of your middle name. Be sure to let each cat know she/he has been tagged. (It's okay if you don't do this... tag who you want to tag!)
My middle name is Theodore. Here goes...
T - True - I'm true to my mom through and through. If she's home, 9 times out of 10, I'm within three feet of her.
H - Hairy - I like to leave my furs all over the place. And shedding season is about to start again. Sweet!
E - Eater - I'm
O - (un)Ornery - I'm about the mellowest dawg you'll ever meet. I don't bark unless I have to and even then, well, there better be a good reason. I much prefer ear scritches and tummy rubs. The only time I get really grumpy is if my tummy is sick. If I'm growling, Mom knows I don't feel well.
D - Dawg - I'm a dawg. And I like to do dawggie things - take walks, pee on our mailbox (Mom won't let me pee on anyone else's mailbox. Except for the mean guy's house at the corner. She lets me go crazy there. hee hee), chase squirrels and rabbits (sorry, Fiona - I'm really embarrassed about that), and eat gross stuff in the yard.
O -Outside - I like to be outside any time -except if it's pouring rain. I love to lay in the grass and soak up the sun. I like listening to the birdies and smelling all the neighborhood smells.
R -Rare - Mom says I'm a rare breed (and not just because she has no idea what breed I am). She's never had a dawg quite like me and she knows that I'm definitely one of a kind. She always tells me how lucky she is that I came into her and Dad's life.
E -Expressive Ears - They are white and pink and froot batty. Mom loves to play with them. She can tell how I'm feeling by what my ears are doing. If I'm relaxed, I can make them stick straight out from the sides of my head (Mom calls this Yoda Ears). Or if I'm a little nervous, I can make them look very, very tall by making them stick right out the top of my head. Or if I don't feel all that great (like after some competitve eating), I can make them very droopy.
Oh crap, I just read #4. Grrrrrr
Eight kitties? Who hasn't done this yet?
Bonnie & Victor
Caesar & Prinnie (even though I know they're super busy this week)
Sammy & Miles
And just because Mom says I gotta include the twins in this, too, so I have to tag Tazo and EG.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
My other NOMSS Friend is Dragonheart. He's a sphynx cat, who lives in Germany with his Mom and Dad, who's in the Canadian military. He just had a birthday and is now officially a mancat. He's got a sweetheart named Stella.
We are both frootbats. I love that you can almost see right through his frootbat ears. (My ears are too thick and hairy to be all that see through.) We both like to go outside. DH goes strollering, and I go for a stroll. We both look very, very handsome in our blue harnesses.
DH is misunderstood a lot, because he doesn't have hair. I think that's a bunch of dookie. He's super cute and handsome and exceptionally regal. Plus, he's one of the nicest mancats I've ever met. He's a regular visitor to our blog and always has a kind word to say. And he would never put the bitey on me or sink his claws into my neck. Hear that, EG?
He's very photogenic and he shares lots of cat facts with us. We have learned so much about sphynx kitties from him.
He has lots of toys and he shares wonderful pictures of himself playing and also of neat things in Germany (and around Europe). He has very big muscles and is a great athlete. He's also a movie star. He has a unique talent of being able to pick stuff up with his paws. That's really impressive in my book. (I always thought you needed thumbs for that.) And guess what else! Just like me, he likes feather toys and warm laps.
He has these awesome windows at his house. And awesome sunspots as a result. Windows and sunspots to die for, I tell you. It's a great place to look outside and then to take a snooze (on your fire-breathing dragon Gizzy quilt) when you get sleepy.
I gotta tell you that every time Mom sees a picture of DH, she gasps and awwwwws. She wants to scoop him up and give him cuddles. I say, DH, only let her touch you in the summer time. Past about October, her hands get too darn chilly - even with fur.
It means a lot to me to be so warmly accepted into the cat blogosphere. I know that lots of kitties don't like dawgs (with good reason), but there really are some good dawgs out there. I'm grateful that DH recognized that I'm one of the good ones. Thank you, DH, and I hope you have a great day!
PS - Thank you, DH, for letting me post one of your bee-yoo-tee-ful pictures. :)
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
So without further ado, may I present my NOMSS Friend of the Day: Mickey Mantle
Mick and me, you see, have lots in common. We're both Whitesters and from the looks of his pictures, he's a pretty hairy guy, just like me. He has a great tail, which amuses his brother, Jeter Harris, to no end. We both have pink ears, and have been called "portly" from time to time. He has also tried his paw at competitive eating. He chows down on his food and then cleans up after the others - just like me! He also doesn't wear clothes or hats, even a NY Yankees hat. But that's cool because as far as I'm concerned, clothes are for the birds.
He lives with his Mom and Dad, and his sister, Kallie, and brothers, Jeter, Matsui, and Whitey. He started out in a cage at the North Shore Animal League. His Mom and Dad had recently lost another whitester, Syd, and called the NSAL. In about a week, they called his parents and the rest is history.
He's an inside/outside cat *and* he's a roof walker. Sweet! He's a very brave dude. He's never been stuck on the roof because he gets someone let him in the bathroom window.
According to his Catster page, he's very affectionate, loves to eat, and has a favorite, red chair. He is a founder of the Pure White Kitty Club on Catster, and takes care of all the PWKC business from his red chair.
He also has a bee-yoo-tee-ful girlfriend named Marilyn MonREOW. He writes bee-yoo-tee-ful poems to her regularly. He is truly a Renaissance Mancat and I'm happy to call him my NOMSS Friend.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Just because we get you up at 4:47 am and you decide that you have to go to the litterbox, so you get up and then we squawk and squawk and squawk and you decide to feed us so that hopefully we’ll go back to sleep so that you can go back to sleep, we still have to continue on with our morning schedule. This includes Thundering Herd of Elephants until 5:34 am and then more squawking because kibble served at 4:47 am does not count as breakfast – which is always served promptly at 5:34 am. Then since our schedule has been disrupted, we have to play Thundering Herd of Elephants until 6:00 am, even though you’re begging us to go sleep sleep so that you can go sleep sleep. And don’t get mad at us when you finally get up for work and we’re headed back to bed. This is our schedule, Mom. You know this.
Tazo & Earl Grey
PS - Don’t forget to rinse out the water bowl and put fresh water in there because you know that I, EG, do not like to drink after Titus. He leaves slobber in the water and I don’t do dawg drool. And yes, I will sit by the water bowl and give you a dirty look until you take care of it. Mmkay? Thanks.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
In honor of his birfday yesterday, we decided to do our TT this week on our Dad.
Thirteen Things About Our Dad
by The Furry Kids
1. He gives the best belly rubs. Ever.
2. He is very good to cuddle with.
3. He stays home with us in the mornings, so we all get to sleep in. Except for Momma. Hee hee!
4. He does not measure out kibble as accurately as Mom.
5. He wears glasses that are super fun to chew on.
6. He drops food on the floor and is slow to pick it up. This gives us a chance to run over and have a taste.
7. He has speckley hair like Tazo - only Momma calls this "salt and pepper." We're not sure why she says this because his hair does not taste like salt OR pepper.
8. When EG runs outside (which he's not supposed to do), Dad picks him up, but takes his time bringing him back in the house because he knows how much EG loves to be outside.
9. He is very strong and can carry large bags of kibble and Swheat Scoop with ease.
10. He loves to take Titus on long walks through the neighborhood. He calls this "Man Time" and there are no Mommas allowed.
11. He's super good at playing RAWR with Titus.
12. He can sleep through the loudest game of Thundering Herd of Elephants.
13. He stays up late with us. This is our very own special time with Daddy. We cuddle and get tummy rubs and watch TV.
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Momma would like to thank you all for your helpful comments regarding our Harnesses of Death and Doom. Her next plan of action is to confine Titus during
Monday, August 6, 2007
In case anyone's wondering, Tazo is really askeered of the harness. Mom hasn't even been able to put it over her head. She's voting for a stroller, even though Mom says we have to at least wear collars if we go strollering. Grrrr.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
The twins also got harnesses and matching leashes. Mom has been practicing with them. Tazo hates hers and will probably be happy enough to stay in the house and never, ever, ever wear a harness. EG has worn his for a total of 1 minute and 14.2 seconds over the course of the last week. He either thinks he can't move at all, or he slinks around like a boneless kitten. It is kind of funny, but Mom says I'm not supposed to laugh. Stay tuned, though. Harness pictures are coming...
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Here's a photo of Titus from last night's PAR-TAY. We don't have any lampshades, so he had to improvise with an octopus.
We got lots of cool stuff: a fishie(!), some treats, some fev-ver toys, a catnip bananer, a catnip cigar, and HARNESSES!!!! HARNESSES WITH MATCHING LEASHES!!! We'll post some pictures tomorrow.
We just wanted to thank everyone for coming by yesterday and for all the birfday wishes. It means a lot. We are so thankful for all the great friends we've made since we started blogging. Thank you all for being with us on our special day.
~EG & Tazo